Lawrence Berkeley National Lab's (LBNL) Information Technology Division has an opening for a Senior PeopleSoft Developer to join the team.
The Senior PeopleSoft Technical Developer is a part of the financial system management group within the business systems department. The group works closely with the OCFO organization through its business analysts and end users to maintain and develop new functions in Oracle PeopleSoft financials and related systems.
What You Will Do:
- Provide necessary operations and maintenance support to ensure the smooth running of financial systems.
- Design, develop and implement innovative technical solutions to enhance and improve financial management systems.
- Debug and fix reported system issues in a timely manner.
- Develop state of the art integration solutions that connect cloud to cloud, cloud to local and local to local applications.
- Develop mobile solutions based on PeopleSoft fluid technology.
- Participate and lead performance/load testing.
- Lead technical projects with general instructions on new assignments.
- Help implement patches, updates and upgrades to PeopleSoft finance systems.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and end users to understand functional requirements and use cases.
- Collaborate with other technical and functional teams to develop effective and maintainable solutions.
What is Required:
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; or 6 years related experience and a Master's Degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience developing solutions for multiple Peoplesoft financial and supply chain system modules: Project Costing, GL, Procurement, Accounts Payables, Asset Management, Travel and Commitment control, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft applications programming tools and technology.
- Thorough understanding of technology stacks of a modern ERP system.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Strong track record of developing integration solutions for cloud based and local hosted systems.
- Expert knowledge of developing high performance SQLs on Oracle database.
- Oracle PeopleSoft University certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
For full consideration, please apply by March 22, 2023.
- This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule - a combination of teleworking and performing work on site at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA. Work schedules are dependent on business needs. Individuals working a hybrid schedule must reside within 150 miles of Berkeley Lab.
The Senior PeopleSoft Developer position is expected to pay $139,140.00 - $154,608.00, which fits within the full salary range of $123,684.00 - $208,716.00 for the C70.3 - Computer Systems Engineer 3 position. Salary for this position will commensurate with the final candidate's qualification and experience, including skills, knowledge, relevant education, certifications, plus also aligned with the internal peer group.
Based on University of California Policy - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof that vaccination requirements have been met or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links: Know your rights, click here for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4.