Location: Portland, Oregon
The mission of the Information Technology Group (ITG) is to develop, implement and maintain technology-based services and solutions enabling OHSU to effectively manage information to accomplish its missions.
Function/Duties of Position
The Oracle Business Analyst will apply knowledge and best practices to assist end users with production support and the development of enhancements for Oracle Release 12 eBusiness suite HCM and Kronos applications. This position will:
- Understand general HR business processes and HCM and Kronos applications to help drive recommendations for process improvements.
- Assist and/or develop test cases and scripts and thoroughly test fixes, enhancements, and patches prior to release into user testing. Document and communicate preliminary testing results.
- Translate technical specifications and requirements into informative, user-friendly test plans for end-user acceptance testing.
- Work with assigned departments to document user-friendly testing of system/interface requirements, make design recommendations to meet quality assurance requirements and project schedule.
- Monitor information technology output for quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- With support from a Senior Oracle Business Analyst or Senior Oracle Developer:
- Troubleshoot production issues and provide end user support via the telephone and email
- Provide analytical support for customers by evaluating and documenting requirements and reviewing and tracking projects.
Education: Master's degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and four years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and six years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Associate's degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and seven years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Eight years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Equivalent combination of education and experience where one year of experience will be substituted for an Associate's degree and two years of experience will be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. Experience:
- Experience as a business analyst working with the Oracle eBusiness suite in an academic medical center or related organization.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Functional understanding of Oracle HCM applications including HR, Payroll, Labor Distribution, Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service, and Workflow.
- Must have knowledge of software development life cycle and production environment support procedures in an Oracle applications environment.
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes in a software development environment
- Ability to develop and execute test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts for software fixes, patches, and enhancements
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
- Must have demonstrated, excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.